I'm participating in a NAEA Higher Education Division September Symposium!
We (the panelists) presented our thoughts at the 2023 NAEA conference and it was suggested that we mount the panel again to reach a wider audience. Well, here it is!
The panel is virtual, informal, and invites questions, comments and dialogue from attendees. Anyone interested in entering or leaving higher education will be interested to hear the panelists perspectives.
A signup form for the symposium is linked below.
Work in Progress...
- Writing/artmaking that looks to Asian Crit and South Asian Futurisms to provoke futures, possibilities, and imaginaries with world-making possibilities within/through art and design practices
- Natural pigments and materials, upcycle and recycled artmaking, environmentally conscious artmaking
- Empowering non-profit organizations through design guidance and education
- Exploring online collaborative research/artmaking practices
- Research into the impact of the arts in healthcare settings
- decolonial practices- specifically what is at stake when we diffract de/post-colonial theory through posthumanism/new materialism
- Research into gift economies and alternative models to capitalism as related to art and design
- New materialism/post-human onto-epistemologies, entanglements, quantum entanglements (through Barad) and artmaking
- Inquiry into material/materiality through diffractive artmaking practice
- Collaborative installation, performance, and sculpture
- Analog & digital drawings/doodles/thinking